Saturday, November 6, 2010

Waiting for Glory

Every day I think about the goals I have for myself. I wonder how realistic they are sometimes and ask myself if I'm in it till the end. Every day the answer is, "Yes, I'm in it till the end.". So every day I give all that I've got to give that day. Sometimes that day I don't have enough to give, but I still give my all. I love it when people push me to give me more then I've got to give, and I find my new rock bottom. It amazes me how much I've changed in such a short period of time.

So today, I woke up at 5:30 to put the roast in the crock pot to make pulled pork sandwiches, and slumped back into bed and slept a while longer. When I woke up the second time I started wondering if enough people would show to My husbands birthday part today to eat the food I'd be preparing. I literally prepared a feast. veggies, dip, chips, pulled pork sandwiches, crackers, salsa, and my mother in law was preparing the famous German chocolate cake. I still had doubts that enough people would show to eat all this food. A hint of frustration came thinking that I would be stuck to eat all this fattening junk food. But I gave it my all, let it all go in hopes a good turn out would come. And they did come.

We had the most amazing gathering. People mingled, and enjoyed each other's company. It really was a good time. Towards the end, after a few compliments on the spread, I started to think about my accomplishments. I've gone from running a dash, to being able to run 1/4 mile. That in itself is a huge feat for me. But it's so much more then running further, or getting stronger. I've changed as a person. I've learned how to feel happy for myself, I've learned how to care about myself and for myself. I've learned how to set up boundaries, I've learned how to celebrate life's simple joys. I can't give anyone credit for this but myself. I've faced some hard facts about myself and I came out kicking on the other side. I'm fighting to make myself into a person that I love and adore.

My point here today is that even though there may be one big glorifying event in your life where you really soak in your accomplishments, there are hundreds of small ones to celebrate. The fact that I threw together this party last min and it was such a great turn out and such loving people showed up...... it just amazes me. I am so thankful for the people that I have in my life now. I have nothing but support. I am so blessed.

So with this post, I wanted to share that I am having hundreds of mini celebrations through out my week. I'm loving life, and enjoying everything. And to top everything off, I was able to enjoy my food today, and not beat myself up about it. This is a big thing for me. I realize that one day will not change the rest of my life. Because I plan on being active for the rest of my life.

There is no waiting for glory, because today there are celebrations to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here right now, Please leave a message after the beep.

 
My Beautiful Life Starting Now... - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords