Sunday, November 14, 2010

Out the window

So all of my last blog posting with positive influences and pep talk for myself went out the window!!!! I was going to register for a short 1 mile race locally here in the county and then it hit me. My run to feed the hungry 5k is a week and a half away. Oh my gosh RIGHT?! Not only is it a week and a half way, but my knee has been aching and flared up for the past week. So the short 1 miler is out. Not because of it's length, but because I know I would try to run, and I know that would not be smart.

First things first. I called my mom! I always call her in times of panic. She and I talked it over, and in all her wiseness, she told me that even if I can't finish, it's about being there that counts. Participation is what matters. And then another friend of mine told me the same thing, and another friend reiterated the same thing

So damage control ... done Thanks to everyone who loves me. I'm just worried. Not panicked. The whole problem here is that I haven't even done 3 miles on a GOOD day. I've done 2.6, and 2.8. But never 3 miles or 5k. So you can see how this would freak me out just a little bit? *deep breath*... but thats OK. I can still walk.

 I CAN DO IT!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the Run to Feed the Hungry and I'm walking it. If you want to walk with me, that would be great! I'm taking my daughter to do the 10K run with Kat.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here right now, Please leave a message after the beep.

 
My Beautiful Life Starting Now... - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords