Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reconnecting

There is nothing sweeter then a reconnection. Either of two friends that lost contact, or family members that have grown apart. 

My cousin finally responded. After me not being able to sleep half the night over worrying about rejection. He did just the opposite. He was open, honest and kind. He held no judgement against me. We shared somethings we knew about the family. It only told me what I already knew.- That I didn't do anything wrong to deserve what was dealt to me.

For me this reconnection with my cousin was more then just a reconnection. It was affirmation that it wasn't my fault. The family turned on me. Simple as that, death changed them. It also changed me, but for the better in some ways. In other's it created holes of loss. But for me, it taught me how to love regardless of being loved back. Also, loving from a distance. Thats difficult. Just ask me.

It reminds me of what my Dad's legacy taught me. The fact that he taught me how to love him, even if he couldn't be the Dad I always wished for. He loved me also in return, but didn't know how to show it. He simply didn't know how to be a dad. Our relationship taught me so much about love I could not begin to go into the depths of it. I can say that it was not a typical love that taught me this. But it was given to me non the less.

I'm so pleased with this outcome. I'm happy that I feel like I have a sort of connection to that side of the family. An Allie if you will. So perhaps someone in the world will remember that John had a daughter, and that daughter was me. Just one person is good enough for me.

Beautiful outcome to this day. Thank you for sharing this with me. I've waited almost 2 years for this.

It just goes to say their can't be glory with out guts. There can't be a win without risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here right now, Please leave a message after the beep.

 
My Beautiful Life Starting Now... - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords