Friday, October 29, 2010

Support

I can't thank those around me at Group enough. They are so supportive and they absolutely will not let you fall down and not get up. I love it.

Last night my body just wasn't up to par. Psychically my legs were killing me. I had done the hill earlier that day and I was paying for it. I was also exhausted. I know that things will get better though.

I had gone to Starbucks to grab a cup of Joe to wake up. So tired I was. And I sat in a parking lot to drink it. Half way through I decided to go home, then on my way home I decided to stay and go to group.... then go home... go to group.....go home.. go to group. I was TORN! I ended up driving all the way home. Then Alyshia got a hold of me. She has a way of lighting fire under your feet. So off to group I went.

Group seemed impossible to me that night. I felt like everything was a struggle. I did about 60% of the work out and let the rest of it slid. I felt glad that I just showed. The support is amazing there and I needed it.

When I got home I iced my legs. They needed it so badly.

This morning I was never so glad to see coffee. Ohhh coffee, how I love you so.

So the next few days will consist of nothing serious for me. Light walking and no running. My legs need to heal. I think I have shin splits on top of cramps in my calves. Whop de do!

To those of you who think I might be quitting or giving up. I'm not. I'm still full bore ahead, but sometimes ya gotta just listen to your body and slow down a bit. My mind moves at a much faster pace then my body can and sometimes it simply can't keep up. Thanks for all your support. I love you guys already.

4 comments:

  1. Last night after group, Kat called me and I asked if you had shown up. Your earlier post in the day looked like you were on the fence. I was happy to hear that you showed up and walked! I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on the fence. In fact I think I even got off the fence and started to go inside. LOL It's so hard when you feel like you body can't take anymore. I am just waiting for the day that I don't feel so awful. Meanwhile... I'll take the pain as it comes. I really do enjoy going to group and even my at home work outs are uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome and a great inspiration, Melanie. Keep up the good work :) I know at times it's hard to drag yourself to do things that your body just doesn't want to do, but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right? I'm excited to continue to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niki, you are right about that! I'm also looking forward to getting to know the rest of the gang there including you. It helps that it's a social event as well. Everyone has been so great to me there.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here right now, Please leave a message after the beep.

 
My Beautiful Life Starting Now... - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords