Thursday, October 21, 2010

Goals need to be set

I decided before I embark on this journey, I needed goals. So once they were reached I could celebrate them. I decided that I needed to celebrate my accomplishments instead of just covering them up and ignoring them. And not celebrating with food. So that will be my challenge all in itself. I need ideas on how to celebrate with out using food. Ideas anyone? Open for suggestion here.

Goals:

1.) Run to feed the hungry 2010 5K - On Thanksgiving morning
2.) Comfortably finish a 5K with out dieing and able to do it weekly.
3.) Reach 140lbs goal weight.
         * Milestone for that is below 200lbs - Mini celebration will be at this marker
4.) And finally finish a 10K race, partly running, partly walking.

As I was making this list of goals for myself, I found it slightly odd how my TOP and final goal was a 10K race. Not loosing the 120 lbs I set out to loose, but honestly my heart just wants to be able to DO THINGS. I want be able to move.... run... play.... and tie my shoes with out holding my breath. I find that these are the more important goals. And in order to be able to do them... the weight has to come off. It's like a side effect of living a mobile active life. I just want to be in shape and accomplish things with a fit body.

So there they are. When one goal is accomplished, I will revisit them and make new goals. I always want to have goals in place so I don't forget what I set out to do.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Melanie!! I have 100 pounds to go as well! I'm going to do the Thanksgiving Run to Feed the Hungry too! We can do this! And I had to laugh out loud when I read the "tie my shoes without holding my breath" That's soooo me! I also want to be able to cross my legs. And maybe even be able to SEE my feet! Hahaha! We can do it, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here right now, Please leave a message after the beep.

 
My Beautiful Life Starting Now... - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords