Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Emotional Attacking

This is something near and dear to my heart. I've experienced it many times in my life and I can tell you that none of which were pleasant or deserved. It breaks my heart knowing that there are young kids out there who are experiencing it and enduring it. I wish from the bottom of my soul that I could stop it some way worldwide. But just one person can only make a chip or dent in the problem.... and then others will arise victimizing others. Stop one, another will rise. My theory is a sad but true one. So we must all band together against it. Even if it means stopping ourselves from doing it to others.

So this posting is dedicated to every soul who has experienced it, is currently enduring it, and anyone who doesn't know what to do about it. Also anyone who is doing it to others.

Emotional Blackmail, or Emotional Bullying. This is what I am talking about here today.

Children are committing suicide over it. People are using it as means to control others emotions and feelings in order to get them to do things they want or in order to simply hurt one another.

Like I said I have experienced it myself. It's painful and scaring. In ALL of my experiences with it I did not deserve it. I was simply being authentic to myself and in turn someone didn't like it and attacked me emotionally. I thought about how I should talk about this subject, and I want to acknowledge that yes even though I was a victim in the emotional attack like many of you, I will not allow them to victimize me. I will not allow myself to wallow in the pain or discomfort. I will get up, brush myself off and move forward. I think you should too. Because I know that everyone reading this has experienced some form of emotional bullying. If we sit in our sadness of it, it is like poison to your soul. You'll die there in it.

I think about why people do this.  Here are some theories:


  • They don't like themselves and feel guilty for what ever reason
  • They try to lower you a peg or two in order to feel better about themselves
  • They wished they could be like you, and can't, so they try to change you for the worse.
  • They want to hurt you, and cause you pain
  • They don't want to see you succeed.
  • They want to see you fail.
  • Misery loves company.
These are just a few of my ideas of why people do this. Sometimes it's not as negative as I express, and sometimes they want to invoke action in you. But none of which is called for. Trying to control someone else is simply not acceptable.

I hope that everyone enduring this can get the strength of overcome it. Stand up for themselves and take a stand against it. And if you are stuck in the discomfort of it, I hope you can walk away from it.

Standing up for yourself can be a difficult thing. Especially when you know it will hurt someone else. It is our nature to please other people, and sometimes we do it at our own sacrifice. Before you know it we have sacrificed and sacrificed ourselves and nothing is left. Which is why we become overweight and begin emotionally eating. Trying to fill a void that can't be filled because there is nothing left of ourselves to give. Our  youth of the world can't keep up with the world's expectations of them. They are just trying to be true to themselves, and people slap them down beaten and bruised. They can only take so much before they start believing in what others are saying about them. If people began to believe everything others said about them, what would be the point in living?. Thats why suicide happens. They stop believing in themselves, and believe what others are saying. It's so sad...... it breaks my heart. 

I've been there. I've been at a point where I started to believe what the world was saying about me. What society said about me. Until now. I am rising above what the world thinks, and believing in myself. I pray and hope that every single kid out there, and adult will have the strength to do this. Sometimes it takes everything you have inside you. Sometimes it is as simple as ending an unhealthy relationship. Sometimes it is as hard as standing up for yourself. In any aspect. I hope it doesn't come to your doorstep, and when and if it does, I hope you're strong enough to fight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here right now, Please leave a message after the beep.

 
My Beautiful Life Starting Now... - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords